Recipe by Audrey M
I like taking this to potlucks because it makes so much and looks great because of all the color.
- 1 1⁄3 cups wagon wheel macaroni
- 4 ounces tricolored corkscrew macaroni
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwis and sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, drained
- 4 ounces cubed smoked cheddar cheese
- 1 cup toasted blanched almond
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh oregano or 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Add 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper to water to add flavor to the pasta.
- Drain, Rinse with cold water, and cool to room temperature.
- Don't add other ingredients until pasta is cool because cheese will melt.
- In a large mixing bowl, add pasta, red pepper, zucchini, peas, olives, cheese, almonds, green onions and herbs.
- Blend gently.
- Add dressing and toss gently.
- Cover and chill for at least two hours before serving.