Recipe by maesw01
A quick & simple salad to make for the summer. Has the colors of the Italian flag, white, green & red. Remember to adjust everything to your particular tastes.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni (or any you prefer)
- 3 green onions
- 1 large carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to the directions. In a large bowl, slice green onions and dice the garlic & carrots. Strain the stewed tomatoes reserving the liquid in a seperate bowl. Dice the tomatoes and add them with the other vegetables. In the tomato liquid, add salt, pepper, italian seasoning, balasmic vineger & olive oil to make a simple vinagerette.
- Drain pasta and add it to the bowl with the other ingrediants above. Mix well. Adjust salt & pepper to taste, Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese.