Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, diced (2 thick slices)
- 1 lb small shell pasta
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 20 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 7 ounces bocconcini, drained, cut in chunks
- 12 black olives, pits removed, cut in half
- 12 green olives, pits removed, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a frying pan, at medium heat, cook green onions and garlic in half the oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add dry tomatoes and prosciutto. Cook about 3 minutes.
- In a casserole, cook the pasta in salty boiling water until they're al dente. Wash under cold water and drain well.
- In a bowl, stir the cold pasta, the onion mixture, the bell pepper, tomatoes, cheese, olives, remaining of oil, vinegar and herbs. Salt and pepper. Serve tempered or cold.
This was a great pasta salad, with a very nice flavor combination - all our favorites. I made this lighter by omitting the cheese and using less oil and prosciutto. I also used Crispy Crumbled Prosciutto for this recipe. Served about 4-5 (as the sole entree).
LOVED IT! Boomette, you've got a winner here. The combination of flavors is right on. The only change I made was to double the cheese and omit the yellow pepper which picky hubby won't eat. I made the salad up early in the morning knowing that I would be home late tonight. It was so good that I had a serving for breakfast :lol: I preferred it at room temperature, is that what tempered means? Edited to say that OF THE 350 RECIPES I REVIEWED IN 2008, THIS HAS GONE INTO MY TOP 20 FAVORITES COOKBOOK.
This is so good. I made this today mainly because of the short time it takes to make. I have been on the run all day with brief stops at home so I made this at about noon and had it for dinner. I had to male a couple of small changes like using regular mozzarella, a chopped regular tomato and freeze dried basil and oregano(in lesser amounts than ask for). It was very much enjoyed as supper's main dish. It's very full flavored and completely yummy!