1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This is how they make it here in Northern Italy.
My Private Note
pot of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shell the beans, discarding any brown ones.
- 2In a food processor, chop the onion, celery, carrots, & pancetta/bacon until finely minced.
- 3Heat the oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add the minced ingredients and saute for 5 minutes.
- 4Add the beans, potatoes, broth & stir.
- 5Cover the soup, bring to a boil, & simmer over low heat for an hour or until the beans are tender.
- 6Remove the potatoes, mash them roughly with a fork, and return to the soup.
- 7Add the pasta, raise the heat to medium, & cook for about 15 minutes. Taste for salt.
- 8Serve in individual bowls & drizzle each serving with 2 teaspoons of olive oil or sprinkle with 1 T. parmesan cheese. Not both.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Pasta Fagioli
Serving Size: 1 (706 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 907.4
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 1159.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 134.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 45.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 51.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: