Andrea L.'s Note:
This is another recipe taught to me by my Mom. It is a great pasta dish with bold flavors that are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box rigatoni pasta or 1 (16 ounce) box ziti pasta
- 1 cup of steamed broccoli
- 1 lb of trimmed chicken breast, pounded slightly for tenderness and cut into 1 to 2 inch chunks
- 1 egg, mixed with
- 1/2-3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 cups light oil, for frying,divided
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2-3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1Prepare chicken first as directed above then dip in egg/milk mixture to coat and then directly into bread crumbs to coat.
- 2Heat half of oil in large skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- 3Fry chicken on each side for approximately 2 minutes, depending on size of piece.
- 4Once chicken is cooked, remove from pan and drain on large brown paper bag until cool.
- 5As needed, add remaining oil to pan.
- 6Continue process until all chicken is cooked.
- 7Set pan aside to cool.
- 8Next, prepare choosen pasta according to aldente directions.
- 9Drain and move to a large serving dish.
- 10Re-heat set aside cooked chicken in microwave on high for 1- 2 minutes (optional).
- 11Combined steamed broccoli and chicken with pasta.
- 12Next, drain oil from skillet, leaving only a small coating of oil in pan.
- 13Heat skillet on low and add balsamic vinegar.
- 14Stir with wooden spoon to mix in pan drippings until vinegar is reduced (approx. 2 minutes).
- 15Once balsamic/oil mixture is reduce, pour over pasta dish and mix gently.
- 16Top with freshly grated cheese and Enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Pasta Dish
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 648.8
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 153.4 mg
- Sodium 486.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 36.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: