Recipe by Andrea L.
This is another recipe taught to me by my Mom. It is a great pasta dish with bold flavors that are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters!
- 1 (16 ounce) box rigatoni pasta or 1 (16 ounce) box ziti pasta
- 1 cup of steamed broccoli
- 1 lb of trimmed chicken breast, pounded slightly for tenderness and cut into 1 to 2 inch chunks
- 1 egg, mixed with
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 cups light oil, for frying,divided
- 1⁄2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare chicken first as directed above then dip in egg/milk mixture to coat and then directly into bread crumbs to coat.
- Heat half of oil in large skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Fry chicken on each side for approximately 2 minutes, depending on size of piece.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from pan and drain on large brown paper bag until cool.
- As needed, add remaining oil to pan.
- Continue process until all chicken is cooked.
- Set pan aside to cool.
- Next, prepare choosen pasta according to aldente directions.
- Drain and move to a large serving dish.
- Re-heat set aside cooked chicken in microwave on high for 1- 2 minutes (optional).
- Combined steamed broccoli and chicken with pasta.
- Next, drain oil from skillet, leaving only a small coating of oil in pan.
- Heat skillet on low and add balsamic vinegar.
- Stir with wooden spoon to mix in pan drippings until vinegar is reduced (approx. 2 minutes).
- Once balsamic/oil mixture is reduce, pour over pasta dish and mix gently.
- Top with freshly grated cheese and Enjoy!