1/3 Photos of Italian Pasta & Bean Salad
Every time I make this it gets rave reviews and lots of recipe requests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped (see below to roast your own)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained (great northern)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- feta cheese, for topping (optional)
- 1Cook pasta according to directions; drain.
- 2Rinse with cold water.
- 3Prepare vinaigrette while pasta is cooking.
- 4Stir all vinaigrette ingredients together in large bowl.
- 5To Roast Pepper Take 1 large red bell pepper, roast under broiler or on barbecue rotating frequently until skin is black.
- 6Place warm pepper in sealed zip lock bag for 5 minutes.
- 7Peel skin off pepper while it is still hot.
- 8Seed and chop pepper.
- 9Stir pasta, pepper, canned ingredients and onion into vinaigrette. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Chill and serve.
- 11Top with feta cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Pasta & Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.9
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 693.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 11.2 g