Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Warm rolls or garlic toast complement this meal. From Pillsbury.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Spray 8-inch square glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes; stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Heat to boiling. Remove from heat; pour into baking dish.
- Add cooked pasta; stir gently to mix.
- Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; place sprayed side down on baking dish and seal tightly.
- Bake 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer or until casserole is bubbly and cheese is melted.