Recipe by Andtototoo!
This vegetarian recipe is quite good. I think that it is the leek that adds the twist! There are quite a few ingredients here, but it is very simple to make.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 celery ribs, minced
- 1 diced leek, the white part & light green
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (16 ounce) cans small white beans
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup angel hair pasta
- salt, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large dutch oven put the olive oil and the diced onion and saute about 6-7 minutes over medium-high heat.
- The onion should have softened but not yet be brown.
- Add the garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add the celery, leek, tomatoes, beans, vegetable broth, parsley, bay leaf, cayenne and black pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20-30 minutes until everything is tender.
- Break the angel hair pasta (or other thin pasta) into 3-4" lengths.
- Add to the pan and cook until tender.
- Add salt to taste.
- This may be still a bit soupy once it is done cooking, but let it sit for about 30 minutes, and all of the liquid will be gone by then, and then just reheat.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese on the side if desired.