1/1 Photo of Italian Pasta and Beans (Pasta Faggioli)
A totally vegetarian, healthy dish that is delicious and comforting. Loaded with fiber, low in fat and calories...healthy doesn't get much better than this! Serve with crusty Italian or French bread :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup ditalini or 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (white kidney beans)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup locatelli cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1Cook pasta as box instructs, in boiling salted water.
- 2While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- 3Add onion, carrot and celery and cook for 15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add garlic and cook one minute more.
- 5Add beans, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and water and heat to boiling over high heat.
- 6Reduce heat to low-med heat and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- 7Stir in drained pasta, cheese and parsley and cook until heated through.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Pasta and Beans (Pasta Faggioli)
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 637.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: