Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I found this recipe in Taste of Home Magazine, but made a change to suit to my taste and make familar with knots we get at our pizza/Italian restaurants.
- 12 ounces refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder (start with the lesser amount, unless you totally love a strong garlic taste and adjust to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or to taste, I use less)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Cut each biscuit into thirds. Roll each piece into a 3-in. rope and tie into a knot; tuck ends under. Place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl melt butter in microwave on med. for 45 seconds or until melted. In a larger bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Take hot baked knots and toss them first in melted butter, a couple at a time, and then toss them in the other bowl with parmesan mixture. Repeat with remaining knots.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
This recipe makes really good quick garlic rolls. I used the larger GRANDS biscuits and they turned out fine. Next time I would probably omit the oregano and might just use the butter and garlic powder......you can't go wrong with butter! Made for Please Review My Recipe cooking tag game.
These deserve more than 5 stars. I ate 4 straight out of the bag, didn't even make it to the plate. I did only use half the amount of garlic powder that it called for. Made for ZWT 7
These are really tasty. They bake up very quickly--I burned the first batch and had to start over! Love the garlic. Thanks for posting!