Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Easy no-knead bread with lots of flavor.
Make and share this Italian Parmesan Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 ounce active dry yeast (1 pkg)
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced onions (dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Dissolve yeast in water in a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 cups flour, 1/4 cup butter, egg, sugar, salt, and seasonings.
- Beat on low spead about 30 seconds until well mixed.
- Increase speed to medium and beat an additional 2 minutes.
- Add remaining flour and 1/3 cup cheese, beat until smooth.
- Cover bowl and let rise in a warm area until doubles (about 1 hr).
- Stir batter 25 times then spread into an oiled 1-1/2 qt casserole dish.
- Brush top with melted butter and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and let rise until doubled (about 30 minutes).
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes until done, inside temperature should read 205.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes then remove from dish.
This was excellent. Would be very good with something like potato soup. Next time I might reduce the salt slightly, but other than that, wouldn't change a thing.
I found this same bread at a farmers market. My children love it! It is great just by itself! Gwen Hammer , Staunton, VA
Very easy to throw together and very tasty. I used 1/2 whole wheat flour & 1/2 white other than that I didn't change a thing.