Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I'm posting this recipe for safe keeping. I got this recipe from Family Circle. Serve this with french fries and coleslaw which are both optional.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup progresso italian style panko breadcrumbs (or 1 cup plain bread crumbs mixed with 1 teaspoon italian seasoning)
- 1⁄4 cup grated reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup prepared marinara sauce, heated
- Heat oven to 450. Place a rack on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together egg whites and mustard in a shallow dish. In a second dish, blend the panko and cheese. Place the flour in a third dish.
- Coat the chicken with the flour, shaking off the excess. Dip in the egg mixture and then coat well with the panko. Place on prepared rack.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes and turn over. Bake additional 10 minutes or until internal temperature registers 160 on an instant read thermometer. Run under broiler for 1 minute if you wish to lightly brown.
- Serve with heated marinara sauce. Accompany with cooked french fries and prepared cole slaw, if desired.