I have not tried this recipe. I'm posting this recipe for safe keeping. I got this recipe from Family Circle. Serve this with french fries and coleslaw which are both optional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup progresso italian style panko breadcrumbs (or 1 cup plain bread crumbs mixed with 1 teaspoon italian seasoning)
- 1/4 cup grated reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup prepared marinara sauce, heated
- 1Heat oven to 450. Place a rack on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Whisk together egg whites and mustard in a shallow dish. In a second dish, blend the panko and cheese. Place the flour in a third dish.
- 3Coat the chicken with the flour, shaking off the excess. Dip in the egg mixture and then coat well with the panko. Place on prepared rack.
- 4Bake at 450 for 15 minutes and turn over. Bake additional 10 minutes or until internal temperature registers 160 on an instant read thermometer. Run under broiler for 1 minute if you wish to lightly brown.
- 5Serve with heated marinara sauce. Accompany with cooked french fries and prepared cole slaw, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Panko "fried" Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.6
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.6 mg
- Sodium 617.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 48.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat parmesan cheese