1/10 Photos of Italian Panini Burger
I made this up as I viewed my frozen Panini and my Italian sausages.. I make 3 burgers out of one lb of meat but listed 4 in the instructions as 4 oz burgers seem to be the most popular.. I love Hot Italian and that is what I have listed but use mild if you prefer. BBQ or pan fry the patties. If you BBQ fry up the pepper mixture separately while your burgers cook.Make the patties rectangular so they fill the panini. One panini makes a healthy serving and you may decide to share but cutting it in two. Hope you try this recipe and enjoy it
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 500 g panini bread (4 Panini)
- 3/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped or 3/4 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Form the Italian sausage into 4 rectangular patties.
- 2Over medium heat pan fry the patties, brown one side flip, cover with lid and continue cooking until done (apprx 5 min per side), set aside keep warm or
- 3if your pan is large enough when you flip the patties add the onions & garlic, then the peppers and finish cooking all at once - otherwise follow along as suggested.
- 4Remove any excess grease from the pan.
- 5Meanwhile combine Onions and garlic.
- 6Add onions & garlic to pan and cook until they are well browned. Apprx 8 minutes
- 7Add peppers, tomatoes, basil & pine nuts cook 4 minutes.
- 8Lightly Paint one side of the Panini bread with oilive oil.
- 9Place a burger & 1/4 on the pepper mixture on 1/2 of the uncoated side of the panini, sprinkle with 1/4 of the parmesan, fold in half.
- 10Grill in a fry pan (apprx 3 minutes per side or until as crisp and golden as you like it) Brown one side then the other .
- 11An alternative method is to lay the panini flat, brown it & then add the patty & peppers etc.
- 12Or use your grill and brown both sides at once with the filling already inside.
- 13Serve with a nice green salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Panini Burger
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.6
- Calories from Fat 429
- Total Fat 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 102.3 mg
- Sodium 1116.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: