1/3 Photos of Italian Panini
One day while watching food network I saw a panini made on Paula's Party and it looked absolutely delicious. I searched the recipe and realized I wouldn't be able to find much of the ingredients here. So I decided to try and create my own so to speak with what I could find. A few tries later I settled on this one and I am done searching! It is fabulous! A great blend of flavors! I am not sure how easy it would be to find those meats singularly but I bought them in a gourmet pack in the deli section. I had to name the meats "sausage" so that recipe zaar would recognize them, though I don't know that they are actually a sausage or not. Its more like a salami or pepperoni.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces calabrese hot Italian sausage links, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces pepper salami, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces hot capicolla sausage, thinly sliced
- 3 -5 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces smoked gouda cheese, sliced for 4 paninis
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 medium red onion
- 1/3 cup sweet roasted red pepper
- 1 1/4 cups baby romaine lettuce
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- italian seasoning
- shaved parmesan cheese
- 4 asiago cheese rolls
- 1Meat should be very thinly sliced (I use the Daniele brand 'Italian Blend Gourmet Pack' found at a local grocer). Fry each piece for a short time, just long enough to heat them up a bit and release the juices.
- 2Pat down with a paper towel to remove excess grease.
- 3Cut the rolls in half and spray olive oil cooking spray on all insides. Then sprinkle italian seasoning over each piece.
- 4Arrange bread on baking sheet and put under broiler for 4-5 minutes until browned well.
- 5Build Panini in the following order: Bread, baby romaine, couple of rings of red onion, the first three meats, couple slices of smoked gouda, prosciutto, peppers, 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, 1/2 teaspoons olive oil drizzled over top and top the entire thing off with some shaved parmesan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Panini
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.2
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 785.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
asiago cheese rolls