Recipe by Maryland Jim
Found this in a church cookbook. Made them this past weekend and enjoyed them greatly.
Top Review by under12parsecs
These cakes had a lovely, delicate texture and wonderful flavor from the citrus. I used lemon zest in place of the lime and added a pinch each of nutmeg and cinnamon. My cakes did not puff up much, but then again, I have never been very good with pancakes :) Next time, I may try whipping the egg whites separately to see if that gives me more fluff!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup stone ground whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of
- 1⁄2 lime, zest of
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon splenda artificial sweetener
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, beat eggs. Gradually stir ricotta cheese and flour. Blend in zests, butter, salt, vanilla and Splenda. In large skillet, heat cooking oil. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls and cook until both sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with butter and syrup.