Recipe by Margie in NJ
This recipe came from Flavors of Puglia by Nancy Harmon Jenkins. It is easy to make and delicious. I like to serve it with a tossed salad.
Top Review by Judith Fraser
Love this recipe. I also added oregano, cayenne pepper and minced dry onion to the mix. Superb flavor, cripy potatoes on the edges, moist chicken with crunchy skin, irresistible! This couldn't be easier and made a wonderful lunch. Will keep this one in my cookbook. Thanks!
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled & cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced flat leaf parsley
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 -5 lbs chicken, cut in parts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the potato chunks in a bowl with half the olive oil, half the parsley, and a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat well, then spread over the bottom of a large roasting pan large enough to hold all the potatoes in one layer.
- In the same bowl, mix the chicken parts with the remaining oil and parsley and more salt and pepper, again stirring to coat well.
- Arrange the chicken over the top of the potatoes, skin side down.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, remove chicken pieces to a plate, stir the potatoes, and replace the chicken pieces, skin side up.
- Return to oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- The chicken is done when crisp and brown and the potatoes should be roasted to a fine golden color.