Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a moist and tender fish swimming in a flavorful sauce. It's easy to marinate first, then cook quickly in the microwave. Marinating and stand times are not included.
- 1 lb orange roughy fillet
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 ounce Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- Place fish fillets in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, positioning the thickest portion of fish toward the outside edges.
- Combine tomato juice, vinegar and salad dressing mix; pour over fish.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with onions and green pepper.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Turn fillets over; cook 1-3 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 110 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 760 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 very lean meat, 1/2 starch.