Italian Orange Almond Oat Crunch Muffins
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms with no-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir together oats, buttermilk, orange juice and peel. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, combine baking mix, sugar and cookies; mix well.
- Add butter, egg and extract to oats; mix well. Add dry ingredients; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix.
- Fill muffin cups about three-fourths full. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack 3 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.
- Cook's tip: To crush cookies place cookies in heavy duty resealable plastic bag; seal tightly. Crush with rolling pin. Or use food processor fitted with steel knife.