Recipe by SilverOpera
There's probably nothing Italian about this, except that it uses leftover spaghetti sauce! Different and delicious.
Top Review by FL JoJo
This was simple to make and very tasty. I used dried basil and swiss cheese because I had them on hand. Added crumbled, cooked mild Italian sausage. DH loved it, too. Thanks for a great recipe SilverOpera!
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons spaghetti sauce (meat or marinara works fine, leftover is great!)
- 2 -3 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat spaghetti sauce in saucepan or microwave until hot.
- Whip eggs with salt and pepper until well combined.
- Heat butter until melted on medium.
- Turn to medium low, and add egg to pan.
- Cook 1 minute without disturbing.
- Add warmed spaghetti sauce to entire surface, and cheeses and basil to half.
- Cook until the egg is no longer runny (about 2 - 3 more minutes).
- Fold egg over cheese.
- Serve with a toasted bagel or English muffin.
- Variations include the addition of sausage, pepperoni, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, other herbs, etc. Enjoy!