Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
An omelet filled with pancetta, white beans, and fresh basil.
Make and share this Italian Omelet II recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices pancetta, thick slices, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced, including some tender green tops
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Make the filling: in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, saute pancetta for 2 minutes; add in green onions and bell pepper; stir/saute until pancetta is crisp and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons beans and basil; transfer mixture using a slotted spoon to a plate and set aside; leave drippings in pan.
- Make the omelet: in a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and half the mozarella together.
- Add olive oil to skillet with drippings; warm over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add egg mixture all at once; let set until edges start to cook, about 20 seconds.
- With a spatula, gently lift edges of mixture and tip the skillet to allow the uncooked egg mixture to flow underneath.
- Continue to do this until the top is almost dry, 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon filling over one half of the omelet; sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Fold the other side over to cover; let stand a few seconds; turn out onto a warmed plate and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cut in half and serve; heat remaining beans in a pan with a small amount of water and serve as a side dish.