Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
this is so wonderful with an italian menu. a restaraunt in our town serves this. last year on my birthday i asked the waitress if i could take some home with me-they normally don't let you take it home. well anyway i figured out what was in it and it is great!!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning (dried,in the spice isle at your grocer)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (use less if you like or none at all)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- combine in a container and serve on a flat plate.
- dip warm french bread into oil mixture. there are no presevatives in this recipe so it should be used right away and not stored.
This was very good. We had an Italian night and needed something like this. Granted, I was easy on the red pepper flakes, but ended up added more. Everyone thought it was outstanding. I simmered it a short amount of time in the microwave (becasue my son-in-law says the health department requires his restaraunt too)so that it would last longer. Very good and easy.
I added a little freshly grated Parmesan cheese and it was perfect with some whole wheat italian crusty bread. Simple and delicious!
I served this at our dinner club's poolside party. I doubled the recipe but used only 1/2 Tbsp of red pepper flakes. I also added a glub-glub of balsamic vinegar to the serving dish. It was tasty and spicy enough for all. There were some "dregs" of seasonings left in the jar I mixed it in, so I added more olive oil and vinegar and used on a salad the next night. A very tasty bonus!