Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I just found this on the back of a package of whole wheat pasta, and my husband recognized it right away. Turns out this is just like something his mom used to make him when he was growing up! I've posted it for safekeeping. Any noodles can be used in place of the whole wheat curly noodles.
- 6 ounces extra-wide noodles, uncooked
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, heat spaghetti sauce with chicken until warmed.
- In a 2-quart casserole dish, cover the bottom with a layer of sauce. Layer in 1/2 the pasta, 1 1/2 cups of the sauce, and 1 cup of the mozzarella. Repeat layers with remaining pasta , sauce, and mozzarella. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
This was very good & so quick & easy. I used chicken, but think it would also be good with ground beef. Thanks for posting!
This was quick, easy and both of my boys ate it so I love it even more!! :) Made with leftovers of recipe#33671, jarred vodka sauce and penne pasta and it was very tasty. This will be a good change from chicken salad when we have leftover chicken, will be making this again!! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
This was a good, basic, easy recipe. I loosely followed the recipe meaning that I didn't follow the measurements of the recipe. I used a 13 ounce box of dreamfields pasta, a bottle of ragu, 2 cups of cooked chicken that I had in the freezer, 2 cups of mozzarella and just tossed in some parmesan. My kids enjoyed this but thought it needed some spices. We thought it could use some italian seasoning and some pepper. Quick and easy dinner.