Recipe by bricookie55
I just found this on the back of a package of whole wheat pasta, and my husband recognized it right away. Turns out this is just like something his mom used to make him when he was growing up! I've posted it for safekeeping. Any noodles can be used in place of the whole wheat curly noodles.
- 6 ounces extra-wide noodles, uncooked
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, heat spaghetti sauce with chicken until warmed.
- In a 2-quart casserole dish, cover the bottom with a layer of sauce. Layer in 1/2 the pasta, 1 1/2 cups of the sauce, and 1 cup of the mozzarella. Repeat layers with remaining pasta , sauce, and mozzarella. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until bubbly.