Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this in a Taste of Home magazine awhile back and it's become a yummy staple in our house! I was nervous about making it the first time - the beans in the recipe sounded like a weird ingredient paired with all the others - but ALL the ingredients blend and work so perfectly together. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces shredded colby cheese, divided
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, noodles, oil, 1 1/2 cups Colby cheese, tomato sauce, beans, stewed tomatoes, tomato soup and all seasonings.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9" bakaing dish; cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining Colby cheese.
- Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Love this!! Will make often.
Delicious! This made a great comforting and easy meal to make. My whole family enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing!