Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
We enjoyed these tonight for our Friday Neighbor Night, when we have nothing but finger foods. They were great! I used hot pepperoncini, and hubby said we should use jalapenos next time, but I think I'll stick with the pepperoncinis! He did make a nice suggestion that a little proscuitto might be nice! We had anemic tomatoes, I can't wait to do this with my own garden grown tomatoes! I found this recipe in Taste of Home Magazine.
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- olive oil
- 3 cups Fontina cheese, shredded, 1/2 lb
- 2 cups tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 1⁄2 cup pepperoncini pepper, sliced
- Preheat oven to *400.
- Toast baguette rounds on a baking sheet in oven until crisp, 5-6 minutes, more if large slices.
- Turn oven off and preheat broiler to high.
- Drizzle toasted bread with oil and salt, broil until golden, 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to oven safe serving dish or leave on baking sheet. Top with fontina and broil until melted, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes and peperoncini. Serve immediately.
What a fun idea! Give me melted cheese and I'm happy no matter what's under it. In this case, the other ingredients are excellent too! Thanks for a new nachos idea!