Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice side dish! From the Junior League Cookbook "I'll Cook When Pigs Fly..."
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- black pepper
- 2 lbs mushrooms, sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- Combine bread crumbs, romano cheese, parsley, garlic and black pepper, mixing lightly.
- In a 2 quart casserole sprayed with Pam, alternately layer mushrooms and crumb mixture, ending with crumbs. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake uncovered at 350º for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Easy to do and wonderful flavors!! I added a little salt as previously adviced.
I would call this unstuffed mushrooms because that is what it tasted like. Really enjoyed this one. Thank you! Margie
A very easy way to do mushrooms and so delicious. It did need a little salt in spite of all the Parmesan cheese in it. Halved the recipe, but otherwise made as written. Thanks so much for posting.