Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From 1001 Low Fat Recipes. Vegetarian if you use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
- cooking spray
- 1 lb mushroom (your choice)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 6 tablespoons tomato puree
- 6 tablespoons sweet vermouth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup minced chives
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium until hot.
- Saute onions and mushrooms until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, tomato puree, and vermouth; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in basil and chives; sprinkle with Parmesan.