Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A beautiful, hearty salad from an old newspaper clipping. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- mixed salad green
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- Arrange first four ingredients in a shallow glass pan.
- Combine salad dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid; shake very well and pour over vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Drain dressing into salad cruet.
- Toss vegetables and arrange on chilled plates lined with mixed salad greens.
- Serve with extra dressing to pass.