Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 gallon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 3⁄4 lbs fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- white pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large container, bring water to a boil.
- Add salt and rice and stir.
- Boil uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Pour rice into colander and drain.
- In a seperate saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter and wine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add parsley and let wilt lightly.
- Toss drained rice with mushroom-wine mixture.
- Put in greased 1-quart Pyrex dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Heat thoroughly in a 350F oven about 30-35 minutes.