Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another easy & yummy Italian recipe. Serves 4
- 1 gallon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white rice
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In large container, bring water to a boil.
- Add salt & rice & stir.
- Boil uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Pour rice into colander & drain.
- In seperate saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter & wine.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Add chopped parsley & let wilt slightly.
- Toss drained rice with wine-mushroom mixture.
- Put in greased 1-quart flat Pyrex dish.
- Cover with foil/.
- Heat thoroughly at 350F about 20-25 minutes.
- Best served with chicken.