1/2 Photos of Italian Mushroom Pate
Tim Barker's Note:
This is Italian not because I have used Italian mushrooms in the recipe. It was inspired by a fantastic mushroom pate I eat last summer while on holiday in Umbria. This is extremely easy to make I recommended serving it heaped on warm wholemeal toast. In my opinion this makes an Ideal starter, snack, lunch or even breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add 1 tbls olive oil to a medium pan (not a non-stick frying pan)
- 2Finely Chop the onion and fry with the crushed garlic until soft, just before they start to brown.
- 3Add the chopped mushrooms, chili and thyme and continue cooking until the mushrooms are soft. Be carful not to overcook, as the mushrooms will make the mixture too liquid.
- 4Try the mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Take off the heat, add the remaining olive oil and breadcrumbs and mix in a blender. I suggest not blending for too long and the pate will have a nice coarse texture.
- 6Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- 7Comment:. This is quite spicy so you may want to use less chili. Or perhaps more!
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Mushroom Pate
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.8
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 59.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g