1/1 Photo of Italian Mushroom Chili
Portobello mushrooms are the "meat" of this one pot vegetarian dish. If you prefer, you can add cooked chunks of Italian sausage. Recipe from the "Arizona Republic".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried fennel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chianti wine or 1/2 cup other red wine
- 3 portabella mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes in tomato puree
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed,drained
- shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- chopped flat leaf parsley (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a Dutch oven.
- 2Add onions, garlic, chili, Italian herbs, fennel, salt, red and black pepper and cook 1 minute over medium high heat.
- 3Stir in wine and mushrooms and cook 2 minutes or until mushrooms have softened.
- 4Add tomatoes and beans, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until the pan liquid has reduced somewhat.
- 5If desired, garnish with cheese and parsley before serving.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Mushroom Chili
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.5
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1047.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian herb seasoning