Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Everyday with Rachael Ray Magazine, February 2009. I haven't made this yet - I'm posting to try later.
- 12 chicken wings, tips discarded and wings separated at the joint
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 24 cubes
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375*. Cut a slit into the meatiest part of each wing. Stuff each wing with a mozzarella cube and pull the meat and skin back over the cheese.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg; in another shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan and season with salt. Working with 1 wing at a time, coat each with the egg, then the breadcrumb mixture, and place on a greased rack set on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the tomato puree and cayenne over medium heat; season with salt. Serve with the wings.
- TIP: For super-spicy wings, use pepper jack cheese.
I got this magazine a few days ago and made these wings tonight with her Tomato and Cheese skillet pizza in the same mag....they were so amazing!!!! some of my cheese ozzed out and burnt, so i think next time i will try and close the skins with toothpicks! AMAZING WINGS!