Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a Pinterest recipe that I adapted to my tastes that is so simple but extremely delicious. We served ours over linguine that was drizzled with a little EVOO. This dish makes a lot of liquid even though I removed seeds from tomatoes and squeezed the artichokes. It never really thickened for me but I think that is what made the chicken so tender.
- 5 plum tomatoes, cored, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 13 3⁄4 ounces artichoke hearts, drained well & chopped (not marinated)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- fresh basil leaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tomatoes, garlic and artichoke hearts in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and then add the sugar, S&P and flour. Mix well. Butter a 13x9 glass baking dish and add chicken breasts; season with additional S&P; then add the tomato mixture around the chicken breasts.
- Bake chicken for about 50 minutes or until almost done. Remove from oven and add the shredded mozzarella cheese and fresh basil leaves. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly. Serve over a bed of pasta, if desired.