This is a restaurant-quality chicken dish that you can make at home, the mozzarella cheese is mixed right into the breading! You can even completely bread the breasts hours in advance and refrigerate until ready to fry, just make certain to place the uncooked breaded breasts on a large baking/cookie sheet in one layer then cover with plastic warp. Use your own favorite marinara sauce or see Kittencal's Marinara Pasta Sauce (Vegetarian) you can make this sauce up to 3 days in advance! Use a 0.7-ounce package of dry Italian salad dressing for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups finely grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes (can use more or less)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 small eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 7 -8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- oil (for frying)
- 1 cup marinara sauce (can use more)
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Pound the chicken breasts slightly with a meat mallet.
- 2In a medium bowl combine the mozzarella cheese with 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour, parsley flakes, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and dry salad dressing mix; blend well.
- 3In a shallow bowl whisk milk with eggs until well combined.
- 4Place the remaining 1 cup flour in another shallow bowl.
- 5Coat each breast first in flour, shaking off excess, then dip into milk/egg mixture, then roll into cheese mixture coating evenly and pressing into chicken.
- 6Heat about 1/4-inch of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 7Add in the chicken breasts and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side (or until cooked through.
- 8Place on a large serving platter; cover loosley with foil.
- 9Heat marinara sauce in a saucepan, then drizzle the sauce over the breasts, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Mozzarella Chicken Breast With Marinara Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.1
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 170.7 mg
- Sodium 669.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 46.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian salad dressing mix