Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great recipe that is very easy! I even made these while camping!
- 1⁄4 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate baking square (or chocolate of your choice)
- Stir together instant coffee, sugar and water. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Add powdered sugar and whipping cream.
- Continue beating until stiff peaks form (6-8 minutes).
- By hand, gently stir in 2 tablespoons of coffee mixture.
- Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise.
- Place half of ladyfingers in bottom of 9-inch square pan, cutting to fit, covering the entire bottom of dish.
- Sprinkle ladyfingers with more of the coffee mixture, reserving half.
- Top with half of cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with half of grated chocolate.
- Repeat layers, ending with grated chocolate.
- Cover; refrigerate 2-4 hours.
This delicious dessert was a hit at our house tonight. Absolutely loved it and it is so easy to make. Will definitely be making this dessert again for guests, holidays and potlucks. I'm saving the spoon just for me : ) Delish! Made for Culinary Quest, 2014 - Italy.
This was very easy to make and tasted wonderful. I needed to use up some angelfood cake so I substituted for the lady fingers.
This was really easy and delicious! I used low fat cream cheese to cut down a little on fat. I couldn't find ladyfingers, so I substituted a loaf pound cake that I had frozen previously. DD's piano teacher loves coffee, so I took her some. She couldn't wait to eat it!! Thanks, Charmie!