Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a friend and I'm addicted. It's now my favorite treat since it's very rich, not too sweet, takes care of my chocolate cravings and impresses guests. However, it's very simple to make. Cooking time is approximate.
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup good quality semisweet chocolate (chopped or chocolate chips)
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar (or to taste)
- 1 -2 cup very strong coffee
- 1 tablespoon powdered coffee creamer (optional)
- Heat the milk to boiling.
- Reduce heat and whisk in chocolate and sugar.
- Heat mixture to boiling while stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and whisk in coffee and creamer if using skim milk (it thickens the drink a bit).
- Serve immediately.
I switched this up a little - I used white chocolate chips, and rather than using creamer, I added a few tablespoons of caramel flavoring syrup. Absolutely delicious, and I'm sure the original recipe would be just as enjoyable.