Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was in the Oct/Nov 2003 edition of Light and Tasty magazine. It is a quick and easy way to prepare frozen mixed vegetables with much less calories than using olive oil. Fresh vegetables may also be used. I have also used fat free Italian salad dressing with no problem to reduce fat and calories even more.
- 1 (20 ounce) package california-blend frozen vegetables
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- In a large nonstick skillet, bring vegetables and water to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Uncover; cook and stir until liquid is almost absorbed.
- Add the salad dressing, salt, basil and oregano.
- Cook and stir until heated through.
was ok.. i am not a huge italian dressing van... but it was ok... also i couldnt find my basil so i used italian seasoning instead..
Very good recipe. Quick and easy- will make again. Thanks!
I gave these recipe 3 stars. I made this recipe for Cameraless Chef 2008. My future hubby and I really liked these veggies. My 6 yrs old niece did not but she's not a big veggie girl. I made a few minor changes to the recipe as I could find 16oz veggies and I used zesty italian dressing. I followed the rest of the recipe to a T. Overall we will have these veggies again. Thanks so much for posting a good recipe christine (internetnut)