Recipe by ColCadsMom
This was in the Oct/Nov 2003 edition of Light and Tasty magazine. It is a quick and easy way to prepare frozen mixed vegetables with much less calories than using olive oil. Fresh vegetables may also be used. I have also used fat free Italian salad dressing with no problem to reduce fat and calories even more.
- 1 (20 ounce) package california-blend frozen vegetables
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, bring vegetables and water to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Uncover; cook and stir until liquid is almost absorbed.
- Add the salad dressing, salt, basil and oregano.
- Cook and stir until heated through.