Recipe by -JL-
I used to run a small italian restaurant and this was our most popular sub. Some like it served as a cold sub, and others prefer it baked until the cheese melts and the roll is toasty. Either way, it's delicious.
- 1 bakery sub rolls or 1 hoagie roll
- 1 tablespoon red wine and vinegar salad dressing (or bottled italian dressing)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- shredded lettuce
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, from a jar,chopped or sliced
- 4 slices capicola (an italian spiced ham you can get in almost any supermarket deli now)
- 3 slices regular ham
- 4 slices salami
- 4 slices sandwich pepperoni (you can get this at the supermarket deli)
- 3 -4 slices of your favorite cheese (on this sub, I like provolone best)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice sub rolls all the way through& sprinkle each inside half with oil& vinegar mixture (or bottled italian dressing).
- Spread a little mayo on top of that& add your lettuce, tomato& onion& roasted peppers on the bottom half.
- Layer your meats on top of each other (fold each slice to fit on the roll) and top with cheese.
- Eat cold or put in 450° oven on a cookie sheet until cheese melts& rolls are lightly browned.