1 hr 15 mins
Made for RSC #12 contest. A summer dessert that makes the top ten chart for our family. Hope you try this and enjoy at your next family gathering. Time estimated is not chilling time included.
My Private Note
2 layer ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 pint nutri whip non-dairy whipped topping
- 6 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons powdered icing sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free strawberry jam (jam or spread)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, washed
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained well reserving juice
- 10 strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1 banana, sliced
- blueberries (to garnish)
- strawberry puree, for plate garnish
- 1Cake: Cream the butter with granulated sugar until creamy and smooth. Add in the egg yolks one at a time until combined.
- 2Sift the measured cake flour with salt, and baking powder. blend flour into the egg mixture alternately with the milk and vanilla.
- 3Pour into two 8 inch greased and floured cake pans, set aside.
- 4Meringue: Beat the egg whites until frothy and gradually add in the white sugar a little at a time, beat in the vanilla, Continue beating until stiff peaks when the beaters are lifted. Fold in the amount of chopped nuts you desire either 1/2 cup or 3/4 of a cup.
- 5Spread the prepared meringue over each cake evenly using it all.
- 6Place cakes into a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until tester comes away clean and golden brown.
- 7Remove baked cakes to cooling rack. Cool ten minutes, invert and completely cool on parchment covered wire racks.
- 8Filling: Beat your 1/2 pint (250ml container) of liquid Nutri Whip into a large bowl, and beat until thick adding in 1 tablespoons of the powdered sugar to sweeten lightly. The powdered sugar is optional as the sugar free preserves added later will also sweeten.
- 9Beat your 6 ounces mascarpone creamed cheese until light and fluffy adding in the other 1 tablespoons icing powder to sweeten, Again the powdered sugar is optional as the preseves will sweeten the filling. Beat in 2 tablespoon sugar free strawberry preserves ( jam or spread) the little bit of vanilla and continue to cream until mixture is light and smooth.
- 10Fold in the blended cheese mixture into the peaked whipped cream mixture folding well.
- 11Add in the well drained pineapple, the blueberries folding in well, but not breaking the berries.
- 12Setting up the Layers: Place cooled cake layer meringue side down of serving platter.
- 13Spread all the filling over the cake layer.
- 14Place second cake layer on top of filling with meringue side up (this is top).
- 15Place in refrigerator for a couple of hours to set and meld flavours.
- 16Just before serving prepare garnishes.
- 17Slice banana and dip into the reserved pineapple juice (this helps to prevent browning of fruit.
- 18Slice strawberries into a fan shape leaving the end in tack and spread out.
- 19Remove cake from fridge, around the outer edge place sliced bananas and then place the strawberries over bananas, marking into ten portions,,that way each portion has a couple of banana slices and a full strawberry fan.
- 20Slice and place on individual serving plates that have a squeeze of strawberry puree and chocolate syrups. Scatter a few blueberries also onto plates with a sprig of fresh mint.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Meringue Torta
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.9
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 100.5 mg
- Sodium 189.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free strawberry jam