Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
So much better than American buttercream! It is light and buttery! Adjust flavorings according to what you prefer
- 16 ounces sugar
- enough water to wet sugar
- 20 ounces butter, room temp and cubed
- 8 ounces egg whites
- 2 -3 ounces vanilla extract (or whatever flavoring you want)
- Place sugar and water into sauce pot with candy thermometer over heat.
- Put egg whites into kitchen aid.
- When mixture starts to boil, start whipping egg whites on medium speed.
- When mixture reaches 240 F, take off of heat and slowly pour into egg whites.
- Turn up speed and keep whipping until bowl is cool to the touch.
- Start adding butter a little at a time.
- Add flavoring.