Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
Meatloaf sandwiches are one of the best reasons to make this dish. Serve leftover slices on sourdough bread with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, leaf lettuce and red onions.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, packed without oil
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb ground round
- Combine boiling water and tomatoes in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes, or until soft.
- Drain the tomatoes and finely chop.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine ketchup, breadcrumbs, and the next 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes to the meat mixture.
- Shape the meat mixture into a 9x5-inch loaf on a broiler pan, coated with cooking spray.
- Spread 1/3 cup ketchup over meatloaf.
- Bake at 350°F degrees for 1 hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing 12 slices.
- Serves 6.
This is THE BEST meatloaf I have EVER eaten before. The balance of flavours is PERFECT! The only thing I changed was that I used shallots and 2 cloves of elephant garlic because that is all I had. I used 4C seasoned breadcrumbs. I am so glad I "stumbled" across this recipe. Thanks for posting! Now I am off to go see what other recipes of yours I haven't discovered.