Recipe by out of here
Meatloaf sandwiches are one of the best reasons to make this dish. Serve leftover slices on sourdough bread with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, leaf lettuce and red onions.
Top Review by Queenkungfu
This is THE BEST meatloaf I have EVER eaten before. The balance of flavours is PERFECT! The only thing I changed was that I used shallots and 2 cloves of elephant garlic because that is all I had. I used 4C seasoned breadcrumbs. I am so glad I "stumbled" across this recipe. Thanks for posting! Now I am off to go see what other recipes of yours I haven't discovered.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, packed without oil
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb ground round
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine boiling water and tomatoes in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes, or until soft.
- Drain the tomatoes and finely chop.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine ketchup, breadcrumbs, and the next 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes to the meat mixture.
- Shape the meat mixture into a 9x5-inch loaf on a broiler pan, coated with cooking spray.
- Spread 1/3 cup ketchup over meatloaf.
- Bake at 350°F degrees for 1 hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing 12 slices.
- Serves 6.