Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from a recipe from Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals. Original recipe calls for raisins and pine nuts - not my thing. I have prepared it with ground beef and pork only, no veal. Easy to prepare on a weeknight!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs meatloaf mixture (ground beef, pork, veal)
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 small white onion, grated
- 3 tablespoons parmigiano, grated
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup arugula leaves or 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 6 slices provolone cheese, deli sliced
- salt and pepper
- olive oil, for drizzling
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix meat and remaining meatloaf ingredients.
- Flatten meat mixture out on a wax paper lined cookie sheet in a thin layer 1/2" thick x 12" long x 6 to 8" wide.
- Cover meat with a layer each of arugula (or spinach), prosciutto and cheese.
- Use the wax paper to help roll up the meat into a large log working across the 6 or 8" side, resulting in a 12" log.
- Seal ends, place seam side down on a cookie sheet (I line with foil). Drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil.
- Roast meat roll for approximately 40 minutes.