Recipe by Little Bee
I never could make meatloaf before. It just tasted so blah to me until I found this recipe and modified it a little. DH says its the best meatloaf he has ever had. It is very moist and tasty. We like it best the next day for sandwiches!
Top Review by rochelle14
Pretty good! I forgot about the cheese and used 15 oz. Hunts four cheese spaghetti sauce. I also put bacon on top of the meatloaf. Baked it longer and did not put the sauce on for the 10 min. Instead we sliced the meatloaf and added the sauce on top of the slice with Parmesan cheese. Yum! Everyone liked it!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups eggs
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (*)
- 1⁄2 envelope grated parmesan cheese (Kraft is fine)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 3/4 of tomato sauce with rest of ingredients form into a loaf and place in loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350º oven for 1 hour.
- Pour rest of tomato sauce over top and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Drain grease and serve.
- *Tomake fresh bread crumbs: Place a couple slices of torn white day old bread in food processor and pulse until you have crumbs.