Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
In ‘ Williams-Sonoma: Simple Suppers’
- 3⁄4 lb ground chuck
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 1 cup fine fresh breadcrumb
- 2⁄3 cup chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Have ready an 11 x 7 inch shallow baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, pork, pesto, bread crumbs, sun-dried tomatoes, egg and ½ tsp salt.
- Mix gently but thoroughly with your hands.
- Form the mixture into a rough 9 x 5 inch loaf in the dish, then smooth the top.
- Bake until the loaf is firm, the top is richly browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 160 degrees.
- Let the loaf stand in the pan for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Divide slices among dinner plates and serve warm.