Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yummy, easy twist on meatloaf, this recipe was given to me by a former coworker. The recipe calls for cracker crumbs, I've used saltines & Ritz, either works.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT cheese and 2/3 cup tomato sauce.
- Spread meat mixture into rectangle and sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up mixture and press ends together.
- Place in shallow pan, bake 1 hour at 350.
- After an hour, pour the remaining 2/3 cup tomato sauce over the top of loaf & bake 15 minutes longer.