Recipe by kamekazicowgirl
This is the basic meatloaf recipe, with a twist. Italian seasonings, marinara sauce, and mozzarella cheese give it an Italian flavor.
Top Review by NVRancher
I cooked this for dinner tonight for my fiance and he really liked it. I didnt have the worceshire sauce, but it still worked. The only bad thing was that i had to drain the liquid off of it before i put the marinara on, but it wasnt a big deal.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 24 saltine crackers
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can vegetable beef soup, in beef broth
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Crush the crackers. I use the food processor to get finer crumbs.
- Mix the meat, soup, and egg together with the seasonings.
- Add cracker crumbs until the texture is firm but not dry.
- Press the meatloaf mixture into a loaf pan.
- Bake until almost done.
- Top with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Continue baking until sauce is heated, cheese is melted and meatloaf is done (160°F on the meat thermometer).
- Muffin variation: Divide meatloaf mixture into 6 even portions.
- Press into large size muffin tin that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- If adding a sauce, form a well in the top of each muffin.
- Check baking time carefully, as the smaller size allows the dish to bake more quickly. I have found that baking time is reduced to about 35 minutes in this form.