1/2 Photos of Italian Meatloaf
1 hr 8 mins
This meatloaf is so simple but oh so tasty. I usually use a flavoured pasta sauce to give extra flavour & dried basil sprinkled on top of the tomato is fine if fresh is not available.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g minced steak or 500 g ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce or 1/4 cup pasta sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 200 g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 10 basil leaves
- extra tomato sauce (optional) or pasta sauce (optional)
- 1Combine mince, egg, breadcrumbs, sauce, parsley, onion and garlic. Mix well to combine.
- 2Lightly press half the mixture into the base of a foil-lined 10x20cm loaf tin.
- 3Top with tomatoes, cheese & basil.Lightly press remaining mince mixture over this and smooth top.
- 4Bake at 200.C for about 1 hour or until cooked through.
- 5About 10 mins before the end of coooking you can spread some extra sauce on top if you like.
- 6Remove from tin & serve sliced with vegies or salad.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.1
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 177.3 mg
- Sodium 531.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 37.4 g