Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the very first recipe I ever found in a cookbook and made on my own (when I was in Jr. High School over 10 years ago). I found it in a book called, "Cooking With Kids".
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Peel and chop onion and green pepper.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and green pepper and sauté until tender.
- Add ground beef and sauté until browned.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add macaroni and cook according to package directions.
- Place in medium-size casserole; add ground beef mixture, soup and chopped tomato.
- Mix well.
- Bake, covered with foil for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered for 5 minutes more until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
This is a very delicious casserole. I cut the recipe in half and still had plenty for 4. I also sprinkled on a cup of shredded mozarella before the parmesan and baked it until it bubbled. We really enjoyed this! Thanks Amber!
The title is misleading as it really isn't a "meat loaf". Very taste hamburger+mac+cheese casserole. Thanks for sharing this one Amber.
I'm going to give 4 stars bc my DH loved it, though I thought it sort of plain. I expected the worcestershire flavor to come through a little more. I assembled this in the morning so it was ready to pop in the oven at dinner time. I served it with a loaf of fresh italian bread.