Recipe by jaynine
This is the one meatloaf that both my husband and my kids like. I usually have all the ingredients on hand, which makes it easy to throw together when I haven't been shopping lately.
Top Review by CindiJ
This was pretty darn good. I goofed and it work as I added the tomato sauce to the meat mixture. Made it very moist. I used the last of my fresh basil over the top of the meat loaf in the final 10 minutes of baking.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread (or can use 2 each rye and white)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (can reduce this to make more kid-friendly)
- 4 sprigs parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak bread in 1 cup water in large bowl for several minutes, then mash bread with fork.
- Add ground beef, onion, parsley, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Place in loaf pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Pour tomato sauce over meatloaf and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake 25 minutes longer.